Posted to uk.d-i-y
Bod[_3_] Bod[_3_] is offline

Default TV radio and internet advertising......

On 21/11/2016 08:40, Rod Speed wrote:
Jim GM4DHJ ... wrote

Is it just me or were we able to tolerate a small amount of
advertising in the past but now the quantity is unacceptible .....

I don’t find that, there are still a few ads that are worth watching a
few times.

I personaly turn the tv and radio down when ads come on

I don’t watch any TV live now and so can skip the ads.

I do mute the audio when watching streamed stuff I havent managed to
record on the PVR.

and use ad blockers on the internet......

I don’t bother.

I used to wonder why if I searched for a type of car on the internet
adverts on youtube etc were targeted to me....

I see that more with stuff I have searched for on ebay etc.

sick of it all

I don’t actually mind the less obtrusive ads like on facebook.

thank god for the BBC.

I cursed the BBC when I was watching some of
the footage during the riots watched online.

They make some of the best documentaries though.