Posted to alt.home.repair,sci.electronics.repair

Default How best to dilute gasoline to use in a kitchen sink?

Robert Bannon wrote:
On Sun, 20 Nov 2016 09:53:52 -0500, Michael A. Terrell wrote:

A quart bottle of citrus based Goo Gone lasted me over a decade.

I'll bet you a jar of mayonnaise also lasts a while.

It would last forever, since I don't eat that ****.

But making it yourself is far more enjoyable and far more tasty.

I'll bet you a jar of toilet bowl cleaner lasts a while too.
But once you've used muriatic acid, you'll never use a commercial solution
ever again.

If you knew how utterly *EFFECTIVE* gasoline is for dissolving most goop,
I'd bet you'd never use that goo gone stuff ever again.

If you knew how utterly stupid that your trolling is, you would quit.

I haven't tried the googone stuff, but gasoline literally melts most goop
off on contact.

How long does it take for the googone stuff to melt all the goop off in most
cases?

I use a cotton ball that has a few drops of the solvent on it. I rub
it on the label to apply it, then I let it sit for a few minutes. Quite
often, the label peels off with no residue. If there is residue, I
simply wipe it away with the same cotton ball.

I can even use it to remove price tags from paperback books, without
staining the paper. I have removed thousands of inventory labels from
SMD component reels, while leaving the OEM labels that they had covered,
intact.

It is also good to remove ink from most plastics, without any damage.

--
Never **** off an Engineer!

They don't get mad.

They don't get even.