Posted to rec.woodworking
Brewster[_2_] Brewster[_2_] is offline

Default Damn Olson blades.

On 11/19/16 8:41 AM, Leon wrote:
On 11/18/2016 9:45 PM, woodchucker wrote:

Snip

New blade arrived today. Picked up a Highland woodslicer 1/2" . It
tracks like it should, put it on, shot a video just to show you it was
the Olson crap.
https://youtu.be/z6MwMxNL29o

The fence didn't need touching, my alignment for my timberwolf was the
same as the woodslicer. 0 thousandths diff on a 3" wide 12" long board
after taking 1/16 slice off.

Like I said OLSON's suck. It's a shame because it's an American company,
but I can't let crap like that go... The blades suck.

Don't totally write off Olson, I have never used that brand but people
are buying them. ;~)

The reason I say not to write off Olson is because I bought a bunch of
Timberwolf blades 10 years ago and none of them tracked correctly on my
Rikon BS. It was the BS. I am not saying that there is an issue with
your BS but I learned that some blades and some saw brands do not play
well together. I got rid of the Rikon after about 2 weeks and ordered a
Laguna LT16 HD. This saw, the Laguna, does not care what brand I put on
it, including the Timberwolf blades that Timberwolf they took back and
replaced to fit the Laguna.

+1

Personally I've had bad luck with Olsen and TW on my MiniMax, but only
from a blade life perspective. It all comes down to what you cut and how
much wear is applied to the blade. Some steels are better than others
and some tooth designs are not appropriate for one application that may
not seem that different from the application they excel at.

-BR