Posted to uk.d-i-y
Alan Dawes Alan Dawes is offline

Default Humane way to repel mice (or big mouse trap)

In article ,
Nightjar wrote:
They do work, but you need to place them where the mice run. If there is
no obvious run, a good place is along the base of a wall. You are also
more likely to be successful if you set several in different places. It
is a good idea to wear disposable gloves when setting the trap, to avoid
the possibility of them smelling of humans.

Agreed. It's no good putting the trap down just anywhere - it needs to be
on a regularly used run. To find a run sprinkle a little flour where you
think it might be and next morning there will be footprints and possibly
little spots of caked flour due to a drop of mouse urine that they leak to
help them to find their way back in the dark. If not then hoover up and
try somewhere else.

We found that tube type humane mouse trap like the Rentokil Trap-ease
worked for us when we had a female car that regularly brought in mice in
to teach us (her "kittens") to catch them.

http://www.beautifulbritain.co.uk/im.../trap-ease.jpg

One place that we found a mouse nest was in the insulation around our
oven. After we cleared it out we fitted wire mesh under the oven.

Since the cat died 6 years ago we have not been troubled with mice in the
house.

Alan

--

Using an ARMX6