Posted to uk.d-i-y
Scott[_17_] Scott[_17_] is offline

Default Are 3A plug fuses really necessary? Why not always 13A?

On Sun, 20 Nov 2016 01:35:41 +0000, The Natural Philosopher
wrote:

On 19/11/16 22:15, Scott wrote:
On Sat, 19 Nov 2016 16:33:00 +0000, wrote:

[snip]

The early Hoovers would have been used on DC supplies as well, any one
know if any area had DC sockets with an earth?

Drifting from the topic (as is often the way) it is interesting you
should mention DC supply. Was this commonplace in the UK (I know it
was in New York - battle of the currents) and if so when did this
change?

No, it wasn't, but ISTR being t0old about 205V DC or thereabouts way
back when.

http://www.vintage-radio.net/forum/s...ad.php?t=41380

suugests it hung on into the 60's in some areas.

Very interesting, thanks. It shows up my poor research skills.