Posted to alt.home.repair,sci.electronics.repair
Raymond Spruance III Raymond Spruance III is offline

Default How best to dilute gasoline to use in a kitchen sink?

On Sat, 19 Nov 2016 18:11:04 -0500, wrote:

The reason one solvent doesn't work all the time is there are so
many "glues" used to attach labels.

I understand.

You might not notice but I don't believe anyone who says any one solve works
all the time, because it's just not going to happen.

You'll notice that I take pains to say that the gasoline works "most" of the
time, and "more" so than the other solvents that I have tried (with acetone
coming in second to gasoline but a distant second at that).

Also, I didn't realize you guys actually put the solvent *on* the label,
which I never do.

I remove the labels first, and only *after* the label is gone, do I use the
solvent to try to get rid of the goop.

So some of us (e.g., peanut oil Oren! ) are attacking different problems.