Posted to sci.electronics.repair

Default How best to dilute gasoline to use in a kitchen sink?

Robert Bannon wrote:

Any suggestions of common household chemicals that can dilute gasoline?

I use gasoline as a home goo-gone substitute for removing labels.
Most often I do it outside, because of the stink, but I want to keep it
inside in tiny amounts, diluted as much as possible.

** The adhesives used on most labels soften with heat - so a hot air gun will allow you to peel or scrape it off easily. The label itself stops solvents from penetrating through to the adhesive.

Any residual can be cleaned up with mineral turps.

I find "Eucalyptus Oil" a good solvent too.

..... Phil