Posted to uk.d-i-y
Mr Pounder Esquire Mr Pounder Esquire is offline

Default Humane way to repel mice (or big mouse trap)

James Wilkinson Sword wrote:
On Sat, 19 Nov 2016 19:41:50 -0000, Mr Pounder Esquire
wrote:
James Wilkinson Sword wrote:
On Sat, 19 Nov 2016 18:54:00 -0000, Mr Pounder Esquire
wrote:
Chris Hogg wrote:
On Sat, 19 Nov 2016 17:50:43 +0000, James Harris
wrote:

I suspect I have a problem with mice and don't want to kill them.
Any suggestions on how to repel them?

I've tried two different types of humane trap but neither caught
a mouse.

Rentokil have some tips on deterring mice
http://tinyurl.com/j9hu2jr They also do a very effective humane trap
http://tinyurl.com/jrlcafj http://tinyurl.com/gtksngn and scroll
down to Live Capture Mouse Trap. But some words of advice: while
they do work, and well, you must check them at least once a day,
preferably twice. I had one set up in an empty property that was
showing evidence of mice, and on one occasion for various reasons
I wasn't able to get to the trap for several days. The poor
little chap had died in the trap, soaked in his own urine. A
nasty death that I would have preferred to avoid. I've never used
that trap since, preferring the traditional spring-loaded instant
skull crusher / spine snapper. At least the mice don't suffer.

Had one sneaking about in the kitchen many years ago and put a
snapper thing down.
Found it dead with it's hand/paw in the trap. Heart attack I
suspect. I did not feel too very proud of myself.

Someone you seem to like taking info from reported me to the RSPCA
for using humane traps and not emptying them fast enough, so the
little ****s died of starvation/dehydration. Which is exactly what
LEGAL rat poison does.

"Someone you seem to like taking info from"

What are you talking about? I honestly have no idea.

Yes you do.

Nope.
This is interesting Mr Hucker.
Please tell me more of your delusions. Or give me a clue.