Posted to uk.d-i-y
James Wilkinson Sword James Wilkinson Sword is offline

Default Humane way to repel mice (or big mouse trap)

On Sat, 19 Nov 2016 19:41:50 -0000, Mr Pounder Esquire wrote:

James Wilkinson Sword wrote:
On Sat, 19 Nov 2016 18:54:00 -0000, Mr Pounder Esquire
wrote:
Chris Hogg wrote:
On Sat, 19 Nov 2016 17:50:43 +0000, James Harris
wrote:

I suspect I have a problem with mice and don't want to kill them.
Any suggestions on how to repel them?

I've tried two different types of humane trap but neither caught a
mouse.

Rentokil have some tips on deterring mice http://tinyurl.com/j9hu2jr

They also do a very effective humane trap http://tinyurl.com/jrlcafj
http://tinyurl.com/gtksngn and scroll down to Live Capture Mouse
Trap. But some words of advice: while they do work, and well, you
must check them at least once a day, preferably twice. I had one
set up in an empty property that was showing evidence of mice, and
on one occasion for various reasons I wasn't able to get to the
trap for several days. The poor little chap had died in the trap,
soaked in his own urine. A nasty death that I would have preferred
to avoid. I've never used that trap since, preferring the
traditional spring-loaded instant skull crusher / spine snapper. At
least the mice don't suffer.

Had one sneaking about in the kitchen many years ago and put a
snapper thing down.
Found it dead with it's hand/paw in the trap. Heart attack I suspect.
I did not feel too very proud of myself.

Someone you seem to like taking info from reported me to the RSPCA
for using humane traps and not emptying them fast enough, so the
little ****s died of starvation/dehydration. Which is exactly what
LEGAL rat poison does.

"Someone you seem to like taking info from"

What are you talking about? I honestly have no idea.

Yes you do.

--
Give a man a fish and he will eat for a day; teach a man to fish and he will eat for a lifetime; give a man religion and he will die praying for a fish