Posted to uk.d-i-y
James Wilkinson Sword James Wilkinson Sword is offline

Default Humane way to repel mice (or big mouse trap)

On Sat, 19 Nov 2016 18:54:00 -0000, Mr Pounder Esquire wrote:

Chris Hogg wrote:
On Sat, 19 Nov 2016 17:50:43 +0000, James Harris
wrote:

I suspect I have a problem with mice and don't want to kill them. Any
suggestions on how to repel them?

I've tried two different types of humane trap but neither caught a
mouse.

Rentokil have some tips on deterring mice http://tinyurl.com/j9hu2jr

They also do a very effective humane trap http://tinyurl.com/jrlcafj
http://tinyurl.com/gtksngn and scroll down to Live Capture Mouse Trap.
But some words of advice: while they do work, and well, you must check
them at least once a day, preferably twice. I had one set up in an
empty property that was showing evidence of mice, and on one occasion
for various reasons I wasn't able to get to the trap for several days.
The poor little chap had died in the trap, soaked in his own urine. A
nasty death that I would have preferred to avoid. I've never used that
trap since, preferring the traditional spring-loaded instant skull
crusher / spine snapper. At least the mice don't suffer.

Had one sneaking about in the kitchen many years ago and put a snapper thing
down.
Found it dead with it's hand/paw in the trap. Heart attack I suspect.
I did not feel too very proud of myself.

Someone you seem to like taking info from reported me to the RSPCA for using humane traps and not emptying them fast enough, so the little ****s died of starvation/dehydration. Which is exactly what LEGAL rat poison does.

--
Silly laws in America:
A woman must not undress in front of a man's portrait.