Posted to alt.home.repair
Frank[_24_] Frank[_24_] is offline

Default OT - Rental Cars Without Toll Transponders

On 11/18/2016 9:14 AM, DerbyDad03 wrote:
Does anyone know what actually happens if you go through a "transponder only"
toll station in a rental car without a transponder?

On a recent vacation in CA, I found myself approaching the Golden Gate Bridge
in an Enterprise rental. There are no toll collectors on this bridge, only
transponder lanes.

After I got home, I read the rules found here but I was already well beyond
the "pay within 48 hours" time frame.

http://goldengate.org/tolls/rentalto...php#enterprise

I'm considering calling Enterprise discuss this, even though I am well
beyond the mailing of the violation letter that I assume went to Enterprise.
I just figured I'd run the question by the ng first to see if anyone has some
real life experience/advice for this type of situation.

Thanks.

They will have a picture of the car's license plate and send the fine to
Enterprise. I'd only be concerned if they want you to pay it.
I got stuck in one of these lanes, was ill at the time, got request for
$1 + $25 fine. Paid the dollar but they would not accept my excuse
until I sent them a photo of the new zipper on my chest needed to cure
the problem. You also have an excellent excuse if it comes to that.