Posted to uk.d-i-y
Halmyre Halmyre is offline

Default Novel soldering technique

On Tuesday, November 15, 2016 at 10:23:41 PM UTC, Dave W wrote:
"Sam Plusnet" wrote in message
In article
,
says...

I had to laugh:

http://www.rutlands.co.uk/pp+christm...S?promo=DK7118

That ain't gonna work ;-)

(even if you ignore the cap in the space silk screened for Q1!)

The real failure is not having a pretty girl, in a white
coat and safety glasses, holding the torch.

I suggest visiting the Lidl website, which regularly features glamourous
people holding drills at funny angles against random objects.

I remember a review of a tower-case server in a PC mag yonks ago. The article featured a glamorous young lady with spectacles, lab coat, clipboard and pencil pressed to her lips, with the tag line "IT'S SO BIG!".

I would say you don't get stuff like that any more, but there are the occasional gems to be found in back pages of classic car magazines.