Posted to uk.d-i-y
John Rumm John Rumm is offline

Default Connecting new induction hob.

On 15/11/2016 12:46, Michael Chare wrote:
I am installing a new 4 ring Bosch induction hob to replace a Neff
ceramic hob where one of the rings had failed. I was very pleased to
find that it fits in the same size hole in the work top. (I had checked
to ensure that there would be no large gap.)

I did not look at the electrical specification very closely before I
made the purchase, but the manual says that the rings are 2500, 2500,
1800 and 3700 watts when boost function is used, so I was surprised when
I found at label saying that the maximum current is 20 amps. Presumably
the electronics makes sure that the rings are used in turn to conform to
this limit.

Which coincidentally if you do the sum for diversity on a cooker - Peak
load of 45A, so take the first 10A then add 30% of the remainder, and it
neatly gives you about 20A ;-)

--
Cheers,

John.