Posted to uk.d-i-y
Michael Chare[_4_] Michael Chare[_4_] is offline

Default Connecting new induction hob.

I am installing a new 4 ring Bosch induction hob to replace a Neff
ceramic hob where one of the rings had failed. I was very pleased to
find that it fits in the same size hole in the work top. (I had checked
to ensure that there would be no large gap.)

I did not look at the electrical specification very closely before I
made the purchase, but the manual says that the rings are 2500, 2500,
1800 and 3700 watts when boost function is used, so I was surprised when
I found at label saying that the maximum current is 20 amps. Presumably
the electronics makes sure that the rings are used in turn to conform to
this limit.

The previous hob was connect by a grey flat twin and earth that goes to
the cooker switch. The new hob has its own round cable. Ideally, I would
like to connect the cables together using a junction box which I could
mount on the wall and which has a support for the cooker cable. Can
anyone suggest a suitable product?

(Disconnecting the grey cable from the cooker switch might require
taking more of the kitchen apart than I would like as the cable runs
behind some tiles.)

Needless to say two of the pans that we have that I hoped might work,
actually don't work!

--
Michael Chare

---