Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Shameless plug for Reliant Robin in need of new loving home.

On 15/11/16 11:25, Andy Burns wrote:
Mike Tomlinson wrote:

Andy Burns wrote:

Prime seems to be on offer at Β£60/year

They're pushing it very hard, but the economics don't work for me.

I've had the free trial a couple of times, just to get the free+fast
deliveries when I knew I had a lot of things I'd be ordering in
succession, but I didn't take advantage of the video streaming either time.

I could see it working for a frequent Amazon buyer who also watches their
streams.

I don't really know what's on there and whether I want to see it, one
show like TGT is never going to be sufficient reason.

requires silverlight anyway.

Don't they know M$ EOL'd it in 2012

I see businesses "upgrading" software from web-based that needs flash,
to web-based that needs silverlight, without realising it's fryingpan vs
fire territory.

Thats because in both cases they buy a frigging toolkit that 'does it
all for them'

Actually embedding an MP4 video for HTML5 is a piece of ****.

--
€œIt is hard to imagine a more stupid decision or more dangerous way of
who pay no price for being wrong.€

Thomas Sowell