Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Shameless plug for Reliant Robin in need of new loving home.

Reaching out to anyone that might be or might know of any "eccentric"
lovers of Reliant Robins. My mum is selling her Reliant Super Robin
(Mk1) after having it for 30 years. Needs a bit of TLC in a
WheelerDealers kind of way to bring it back to immaculate but for an
enthusiast with a bit of time is a brilliant mothballed base to tidy up.
http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Reliant-Ro...-/112203348013

goo.gl/6D3Hw5

Who knows, perhaps a homeownershub person might be interested..

Cheers - Pete
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Mon, 14 Nov 2016 10:40:08 +0000, "www.GymRatZ.co.uk"
wrote:

Reaching out to anyone that might be or might know of any "eccentric"
lovers of Reliant Robins. My mum is selling her Reliant Super Robin
(Mk1) after having it for 30 years. Needs a bit of TLC in a
WheelerDealers kind of way to bring it back to immaculate but for an
enthusiast with a bit of time is a brilliant mothballed base to tidy up.
http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Reliant-Ro...-/112203348013

goo.gl/6D3Hw5

Who knows, perhaps a homeownershub person might be interested..

They will look in about 5 years time.

G.Harman
Posted to uk.d-i-y

En el artículo , www.GymRatZ.co.uk
escribió:

Reaching out to anyone that might be or might know of any "eccentric"
lovers of Reliant Robins.

You could flog it to Clarkson as a company car.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/W._Chump_and_Sons

"In late-2015 the organisation acquired four Reliant Robin three-
wheelers as company cars. The fleet of four cars for Clarkson, Hammond,
May and Wilman cost under £15,000"

Looking forward to TGT (Top Gear Two) hitting the torrent sites Sunday.

--
(\_/)
(='.'=) systemd: the Linux version of Windows 10
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 14/11/2016 10:57, wrote:

Who knows, perhaps a homeownershub person might be interested..

They will look in about 5 years time.

Ha....
Didn't think of that.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

see the world upsidedown ...tee hee...P.S. how can you post that?

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 14/11/2016 11:19, Mike Tomlinson wrote:

Looking forward to TGT (Top Gear Two) hitting the torrent sites Sunday.

Under the persuasive influence of a 14 year old son 'er indoors pays out
for Amazon Prime Video so we'll be catching it "live"

Torrent sites... no idea what you're talking about.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Monday, 14 November 2016 10:40:11 UTC, www.GymRatZ.co.uk wrote:
Reaching out to anyone that might be or might know of any "eccentric"
lovers of Reliant Robins. My mum is selling her Reliant Super Robin
(Mk1) after having it for 30 years. Needs a bit of TLC in a
WheelerDealers kind of way to bring it back to immaculate but for an
enthusiast with a bit of time is a brilliant mothballed base to tidy up.
http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Reliant-Ro...-/112203348013

goo.gl/6D3Hw5

Who knows, perhaps a homeownershub person might be interested..

Cheers - Pete

Someone I know hired one of those a couple-few of years ago as their wedding car.
Posted to uk.d-i-y

In article ,
www.GymRatZ.co.uk wrote:
On 14/11/2016 11:19, Mike Tomlinson wrote:

Looking forward to TGT (Top Gear Two) hitting the torrent sites Sunday.

Under the persuasive influence of a 14 year old son 'er indoors pays out
for Amazon Prime Video so we'll be catching it "live"

Torrent sites... no idea what you're talking about.

I'm certainly not going to pay to see it, so keep us informed. ;-)

--
*Not all men are annoying. Some are dead.

Dave Plowman London SW
To e-mail, change noise into sound.
Posted to uk.d-i-y

escribió:

Torrent sites... no idea what you're talking about.

Oh, me neither. But I predict a huge spike in internet traffic as soon
as the show ends

--
(\_/)
(='.'=) systemd: the Linux version of Windows 10
(")_(")
Posted to uk.d-i-y

En el artículo , Mike Tomlinson
escribió:

Looking forward to TGT (Top Gear Two) hitting the torrent sites Sunday.

correction: Friday.

--
(\_/)
(='.'=) systemd: the Linux version of Windows 10
(")_(")

Posted to uk.d-i-y
ARW ARW is offline

On 14/11/2016 10:40, www.GymRatZ.co.uk wrote:
Reaching out to anyone that might be or might know of any "eccentric"
lovers of Reliant Robins. My mum is selling her Reliant Super Robin
(Mk1) after having it for 30 years. Needs a bit of TLC in a
WheelerDealers kind of way to bring it back to immaculate but for an
enthusiast with a bit of time is a brilliant mothballed base to tidy up.
http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Reliant-Ro...-/112203348013

goo.gl/6D3Hw5

Who knows, perhaps a homeownershub person might be interested..

Cheers - Pete

I am interested. I need a run about now my van is SORNed. I know just
the bloke who can fix it up.

Has the car got a name?

--
Adam
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Monday, 14 November 2016 18:26:07 UTC, ARW wrote:
I am interested. I need a run about now my van is SORNed. I know just
the bloke who can fix it up.
Has the car got a name?

The Pig, I think.

You could paint it pink and make it a Christmas present for the girlfriend :-)

Owain

Posted to uk.d-i-y

En el artículo , ARW adamwadsworth@bluey
onder.co.uk escribió:

Has the car got a name?

Binky.

--
(\_/)
(='.'=) systemd: the Linux version of Windows 10
(")_(")
Posted to uk.d-i-y

Mike Tomlinson wrote:

Looking forward to TGT (Top Gear Two) hitting the torrent sites Sunday.

Though the first episode was going to be free?

Posted to uk.d-i-y

www.GymRatZ.co.uk wrote:
Reaching out to anyone that might be or might know of any "eccentric"
lovers of Reliant Robins. My mum is selling her Reliant Super Robin
(Mk1) after having it for 30 years. Needs a bit of TLC in a
WheelerDealers kind of way to bring it back to immaculate but for an
enthusiast with a bit of time is a brilliant mothballed base to tidy up.
http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Reliant-Ro...-/112203348013

goo.gl/6D3Hw5

Who knows, perhaps a homeownershub person might be interested..

Cheers - Pete

Another shameless plug...

http://tumblr.tastefullyoffensive.co...e/131201192628

Tim

--
Please don't feed the trolls
Posted to uk.d-i-y
ARW ARW is offline

On 14/11/2016 18:52, Mike Tomlinson wrote:
En el artículo , ARW adamwadsworth@bluey
onder.co.uk escribió:

Has the car got a name?

Binky.

Well it's already started a massive row between my mate and his wife.

The gf then got home from work and took her side ie the "you are not
buying that car" side.

--
Adam
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 14/11/2016 18:26, ARW wrote:

I am interested. I need a run about now my van is SORNed. I know just
the bloke who can fix it up.

Has the car got a name?

Just "Pig"
We had to create an extra paved bit in the front garden which is known
as "the pig place"

Should fly through an MOT and I'd think the driver seat could be
switched for the passenger seat as neither have any adjustment knobs.

You can go round roundabouts and right hand bends quite a bit faster
than left handers without any passengers.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 14/11/16 10:40, www.GymRatZ.co.uk wrote:
Reaching out to anyone that might be or might know of any "eccentric"
lovers of Reliant Robins. My mum is selling her Reliant Super Robin
(Mk1) after having it for 30 years. Needs a bit of TLC in a
WheelerDealers kind of way to bring it back to immaculate but for an
enthusiast with a bit of time is a brilliant mothballed base to tidy up.
http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Reliant-Ro...-/112203348013

goo.gl/6D3Hw5

Who knows, perhaps a homeownershub person might be interested..

Cheers - Pete

Funnily enough, saw one at the weekend with Xenon headlamps. Obviously
someone very keen on accessories (or maybe poor night vision?).

--

Jeff
Posted to uk.d-i-y

En el artÃ*culo , ARW adamwadsworth@bluey
onder.co.uk escribió:

Has the car got a name?

Binky.

Well it's already started a massive row between my mate and his wife.

The gf then got home from work and took her side ie the "you are not
buying that car" side.

--
Adam

Women always gang up on men.
You should know that by now.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

En el artículo , Andy Burns
escribió:

Though the first episode was going to be free?

No idea.

Amazon has said it cost a lot of money to make (Bezos said "very, very,
very expensive") so even if the first ep is free the rest won't be.

--
(\_/)
(='.'=) systemd: the Linux version of Windows 10
(")_(")
Posted to uk.d-i-y

Mike Tomlinson wrote:

Andy Burns wrote:

Though the first episode was going to be free?

No idea.

Amazon has said it cost a lot of money to make (Bezos said "very, very,
very expensive") so even if the first ep is free the rest won't be.

Prime seems to be on offer at £60/year at the moment, but seems it
requires silverlight anyway.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

"Andy Burns" wrote in message
Mike Tomlinson wrote:

Looking forward to TGT (Top Gear Two) hitting the torrent sites Sunday.

Though the first episode was going to be free?

stuff amazon .... sick of them pushing prime and charging loads for
postage....

Posted to uk.d-i-y

"harry" wrote in message
On Monday, 14 November 2016 23:35:33 UTC, ARW wrote:
On 14/11/2016 18:52, Mike Tomlinson wrote:
En el artÃ*culo , ARW
adamwadsworth@bluey
onder.co.uk escribió:

Has the car got a name?

Binky.

Well it's already started a massive row between my mate and his wife.

The gf then got home from work and took her side ie the "you are not
buying that car" side.

Women always gang up on men.
You should know that by now.

None have ever ganged up on me.

Bet none have ever ganged up on Adam either.

Or either of the Daves either.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

"Jim GM4DHJ ..." wrote in message

"Andy Burns" wrote in message
Mike Tomlinson wrote:

Looking forward to TGT (Top Gear Two) hitting the torrent sites Sunday.

Though the first episode was going to be free?

stuff amazon .... sick of them pushing prime and charging loads for
postage....

also nectar and all loyalty cards are a waste of time.....except tesco...tee
hee

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Monday, 14 November 2016 19:20:58 UTC, Andy Burns wrote:
Mike Tomlinson wrote:

Looking forward to TGT (Top Gear Two) hitting the torrent sites Sunday.

Though the first episode was going to be free?

Although I like TG I think that Clarkson does better work
with his documentaries. It is a shame he did not do more
of that.

With TG the series before he got the push was tired however
to be fair the series in which he left was refreshing.

I thought that Matt LeBlanc was a lot better that I thought
he would be and its good to see him doing another season. Perhaps
they can get rid of Eddie Jordan.

With the Amazon TG I thought it may have been a cross between
TG and James May's Man Lab (which was ok but needed something).
Posted to uk.d-i-y

En el artículo , Andy Burns
escribió:

Prime seems to be on offer at £60/year at the moment

They're pushing it very hard, but the economics don't work for me. I
could see it working for a frequent Amazon buyer who also watches their
streams.

, but seems it
requires silverlight anyway.

Bugger that for a game of soldiers. Another buggy pile of M$ crapware.

Don't they know M$ EOL'd it in 2012 and that all development has
stopped? The silly sods are still offering it in Windows Update. Arse,
meet elbow. Elbow, meet arse.

--
(\_/)
(='.'=) systemd: the Linux version of Windows 10
(")_(")
Posted to uk.d-i-y

En el artículo , Huge
escribió:

FWIW, so does Netflix.

In the process of moving to HTML5.

--
(\_/)
(='.'=) systemd: the Linux version of Windows 10
(")_(")
Posted to uk.d-i-y

In article ,
Jeff Layman wrote:
On 14/11/16 10:40, www.GymRatZ.co.uk wrote:
Reaching out to anyone that might be or might know of any "eccentric"
lovers of Reliant Robins. My mum is selling her Reliant Super Robin
(Mk1) after having it for 30 years. Needs a bit of TLC in a
WheelerDealers kind of way to bring it back to immaculate but for an
enthusiast with a bit of time is a brilliant mothballed base to tidy up.
http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Reliant-Ro...-/112203348013

goo.gl/6D3Hw5

Who knows, perhaps a homeownershub person might be interested..

Cheers - Pete

Funnily enough, saw one at the weekend with Xenon headlamps. Obviously
someone very keen on accessories (or maybe poor night vision?).

The original dips would be pretty poor by today's standards. Ok when
everyone had the same, maybe.

--
*Preserve wildlife - Go pickle a squirrel*

Dave Plowman London SW
To e-mail, change noise into sound.
Posted to uk.d-i-y

In article ,
Jim GM4DHJ ... wrote:
also nectar and all loyalty cards are a waste of time.....except
tesco...tee hee

Despite using it when prompted and for many years, I've never actually got
anything from my Tesco card. Would seem to me to only offer discounts on
bulk purchases of things I don't want.

Nectar points can be used to reduce the cost of an Ebay purchase - as well
as much else.

--
*If PROGRESS is for advancement, what does that make CONGRESS mean?

Dave Plowman London SW
To e-mail, change noise into sound.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

Mike Tomlinson wrote:

Huge wrote:

FWIW, so does Netflix.

In the process of moving to HTML5.

with widevine (or similar plugins)

Posted to uk.d-i-y

In article ,
wrote:
With TG the series before he got the push was tired however
to be fair the series in which he left was refreshing.

It had run out of steam.

I'd thought perhaps the majority of the ideas came from the three of them.
But an interview with JC on the BBC the other day said otherwise. They
relied on writers and researchers. And the BBC had failed to secure new
ones or whatever with plenty of fresh ideas. JC implied because they were
either not well enough paid and or given the credit.

So for the Amazon version to be a success will be down to a decent
production team. And US TV companies tend to be very good at this - while
they have the enthusiasm for it. But you won't get the best staying for
long if it isn't a success.

--
*It sounds like English, but I can't understand a word you're saying.

Dave Plowman London SW
To e-mail, change noise into sound.
Posted to uk.d-i-y

Mike Tomlinson wrote:

Andy Burns wrote:

Prime seems to be on offer at £60/year

They're pushing it very hard, but the economics don't work for me.

I've had the free trial a couple of times, just to get the free+fast
deliveries when I knew I had a lot of things I'd be ordering in
succession, but I didn't take advantage of the video streaming either time.

I could see it working for a frequent Amazon buyer who also watches their
streams.

I don't really know what's on there and whether I want to see it, one
show like TGT is never going to be sufficient reason.

requires silverlight anyway.

Don't they know M$ EOL'd it in 2012

I see businesses "upgrading" software from web-based that needs flash,
to web-based that needs silverlight, without realising it's fryingpan vs
fire territory.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 15/11/16 11:25, Andy Burns wrote:
Mike Tomlinson wrote:

Andy Burns wrote:

Prime seems to be on offer at £60/year

They're pushing it very hard, but the economics don't work for me.

I've had the free trial a couple of times, just to get the free+fast
deliveries when I knew I had a lot of things I'd be ordering in
succession, but I didn't take advantage of the video streaming either time.

I could see it working for a frequent Amazon buyer who also watches their
streams.

I don't really know what's on there and whether I want to see it, one
show like TGT is never going to be sufficient reason.

requires silverlight anyway.

Don't they know M$ EOL'd it in 2012

I see businesses "upgrading" software from web-based that needs flash,
to web-based that needs silverlight, without realising it's fryingpan vs
fire territory.

Thats because in both cases they buy a frigging toolkit that 'does it
all for them'

Actually embedding an MP4 video for HTML5 is a piece of ****.

--
€œIt is hard to imagine a more stupid decision or more dangerous way of
who pay no price for being wrong.€

Thomas Sowell
Posted to uk.d-i-y

En el artículo , Andy Burns
escribió:

with widevine (or similar plugins)

Wondered what that was (it's appeared unbidden in my Firefox add-ons)

--
(\_/)
(='.'=) systemd: the Linux version of Windows 10
(")_(")

Posted to uk.d-i-y

En el artículo , Andy Burns
escribió:

one
show like TGT is never going to be sufficient reason.

agreed.

I see businesses "upgrading" software from web-based that needs flash,
to web-based that needs silverlight, without realising it's fryingpan vs
fire territory.

++ungood;

--
(\_/)
(='.'=) systemd: the Linux version of Windows 10
(")_(")
Posted to uk.d-i-y

Mike Tomlinson wrote:

Andy Burns wrote:

widevine

Wondered what that was (it's appeared unbidden in my Firefox add-ons)

Yes, they sneakily install it for you (and primetime), I disable them
both, so far not noticed any problems, but I don't tend to watch
anything likely to be DRM'ed.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

En el artículo , Andy Burns
escribió:

Yes, they sneakily install it for you (and primetime)

Ta, that'll get disabled.

Also got, unbidden, "Primetime Content Decryption Module provided by
Adobe Systems, Incorporated". Anything written by the creator of the
Swiss cheese that is Flash isn't staying on, either.

I don't tend to watch
anything likely to be DRM'ed.

me neither. *cough*torrents*cough*

--
(\_/)
(='.'=) systemd: the Linux version of Windows 10
(")_(")
Posted to uk.d-i-y

"Dave Plowman (News)" wrote in message
In article ,
Jim GM4DHJ ... wrote:
also nectar and all loyalty cards are a waste of time.....except
tesco...tee hee

Despite using it when prompted and for many years, I've never actually got
anything from my Tesco card. Would seem to me to only offer discounts on
bulk purchases of things I don't want.

you flung away all the hard cash coupons to spend on groceries or petrol?

Posted to uk.d-i-y

Jim GM4DHJ ... wrote:
also nectar and all loyalty cards are a waste of time.....except
tesco...tee hee

Despite using it when prompted and for many years, I've never actually
got anything from my Tesco card. Would seem to me to only offer
discounts on bulk purchases of things I don't want.

you flung away all the hard cash coupons to spend on groceries or
petrol?

Not sure I've ever had any.

--
*Be nice to your kids. They'll choose your nursing home.