Posted to uk.d-i-y
Andrew[_22_] Andrew[_22_] is offline

Default Free electricity?

On 13/11/2016 08:45, Brian Gaff wrote:
Well, very peculiar, as I'm certain I read that they have to install the
smart meter to give you this free function so they can monitor usage. Sounds
to me like you have fallen through some crack in the system somewhere and
I'd make enquiries sooner rather than later, as they will sting you
megabucks otherwise.
Which reminds me, EDF have already missed telling me about a meter reading
appointment, so I have two quarters outstanding now. Time to get a pointy
stick out with them I think.
Brian

My neighbour had free electricity for 10 years at his MOT business
because EDF failed to switch the account into his name.

When they tried to bill him for £6,000 of consumption he refused
to pay because they had not sent him a bill, even though he knew
they had made the original mistake.

EDF wrote the £6,000 off.