Posted to rec.woodworking
krw[_7_] krw[_7_] is offline

Default Shop lights

On Sun, 13 Nov 2016 15:48:37 +0000, Spalted Walt
wrote:

Puckdropper puckdropper(at)yahoo(dot)com wrote:

Ed Pawlowski wrote in news:F9SdnS5J5KM9VbrFnZ2dnUU7-
:

On 11/12/2016 7:56 PM, krw wrote:

My actual experience would contradict that.
Lumens are lumens.

Color temperature matters a lot. Try tubes with the same lumens at
2700K and 6500K, and you'll see a big difference. That's not to say
that fluorescents are better but all lumens are not created equal. ;-)

The 6500k are often called "daylight". My preference too

Be careful, though, as daylight might be only 6000K or even 5000K. The
term's unregulated, so marketers will stick it to anything even close to
hopefully capitolize on its popularity.

Puckdropper

... yes, as shown he
https://www.downlights.co.uk/media/w...ture-Chart.jpg

Color temp is a individual preference thing. Even though 6500K does
appear marginally brighter, the unmistakable blue hue isn't for me. IMO
the sweet spot is in the 4000K/5000K range.

https://goo.gl/cH3rUx

https://goo.gl/VmyoK3

I wouldn't want 6500K for living areas but they're great for work
areas, including kitchens.