Posted to rec.woodworking

Default Shop lights

On Sun, 13 Nov 2016 14:30:02 -0600, -MIKE- wrote:

It does seem to depend on the site - probably the quality/stability of
the electric supply.

My previous shop, a free standing shed, did have to replace tubes every
year or two. My current shop is in the garage and I wired it myself.
Been there 4 years and had one tube out of 18 burn out.

May also have to do with price/quality.
As others have pointed out, the ballasts are a huge part of the
equation.
Last time I install florescent tubes, I didn't feel like spending 150
bucks per fixture, which is what a good commercial/industrial one can
cost.

In my case, both sites had the cheap fixtures and tubes on sale at the
Borg. In fact, most of the fixtures moved with me.

--
But there is no path through the woods.