Posted to uk.d-i-y
Rod Speed Rod Speed is offline

Default Anyone got experience of online estate agents?

"James Wilkinson Sword" wrote in message
news
On Thu, 10 Nov 2016 00:40:30 -0000, Rod Speed
wrote:

"James Wilkinson Sword" wrote in message
news
On Wed, 09 Nov 2016 23:47:21 -0000, Rod Speed
wrote:

"James Wilkinson Sword" wrote in message
news On Wed, 09 Nov 2016 17:58:21 -0000, tim...
wrote:

"James Wilkinson Sword" wrote in message
news On Tue, 08 Nov 2016 21:51:09 -0000, Tim Watts

On Tue, 08 Nov 2016 19:14:09 -0000, Mr Pounder Esquire
wrote:

Murmansk wrote:
My house is in an area where they sell really easily so I'm
thinking
of using

https://www.visum.co.uk/Pricing/Sales

All I want is for my house to appear on Rightmove and this seems
the
cheapest way to achieve that - once I've found interested buyers
can do the rest myself.

A bloke about a mile away from me tried something similar.
Nothing happened.

I've seen houses for sale (in decent areas) with just a mobile
number
on
a home made sign. Not sure where they advertised, but they sold
as
quick as any estate agent ones.

Apart from exposure and showing people around (the latter is
eminently
DIYable), Estate Agents off nothing else of value.

And the security side of the process (checks, surveys etc) are
handled
by others and would be done just the same for a non agent advert -
so
really, if you can get the eyeballs on your house and have the time
show people around and answer the phone, there's no disadvantage.

Depends how easy and cheap it is to advertise on the main websites.
assume the estate agents have discounts.

Right Move's pricing tends to work on a fixed price per agent for as
many
listings as you like

this kind of makes it expensive to advertise a single property

They wont accept listing from individuals anyway, that is why the
internet
sellers have sprung up to fill the gap

You can actually advertise your house on the likes of Gumtree.

Someone is doing it on the local facebook community notice board
group with inspections most saturdays. Has been for a couple of
months now, going to be interesting to see how she goes.

I do not understand people selling things n facebook.

That's not all you don't understand.

It's a SOCIAL media, not a selling one.

Wrong. Its all of that an much more. The buy sell swap groups
leave freecycle and craigs list for dead. Vast numbers of retail
operations use it to communicate with their customers too.

It's not designed to work like that.

Wrong, as always. In fact facebook themselves include
popups in the buy sell swap groups that allow you to
search facebook wide for what you are looking to buy.

Ebay is the only place I buy things apart from physical supermarkets.

More fool you. Facebook buy sell swap groups leave
Craig's list and Freecycle etc for dead. Having a big
impact on garage and car boot sales too.

And aliexpress, alibaba and amazon
all have real advantages over ebay too.

And just sent me a survey yesterday asking me how I
feel about buying grocerys and fresh food on ebay too.