Joseph Meehan

Default overlaying drywall over plaster ceiling

Frankly I suggest doing a complete tear out. It is a dirty nasty job,
but you will feel a lot better when you are done. BTW the studs may not be
as even and straight as you think so you may need to do some shimming to get
the walls and ceiling really flat and looking good.

It will also give you a chance to get in there and check wiring,
plumbing, insulation, duct work etc. that might be or should be in there.

--
Joseph E. Meehan

26 + 6 = 1 It's Irish Math

"Mickey" wrote in message
m...
I am working on an older home where the white and brown coat of
plaster are very bouncy. I am overlaying the walls with 1/4 drywall
(screwed and glued), my question is will 1/4 drywall be strong enough
for the ceiling or will I want the additional screwing depth that 1/2
will provide.

Thanks for any thoughts
Mickey