Posted to uk.d-i-y
Chris Green Chris Green is offline

Default A nuisance caller got through TruCall

On Thu, 10 Nov 2016 21:25:02 -0000, Chris Green wrote:

James Wilkinson Sword wrote:

Google failed to find that, for some reason. The comments made there,
are similar to what took place. They knew my name.

I disconnected my landline and only use my mobile. Much less nuisance calls,
and I can see the number.

Hardly a 'mobile only' facility.

Tends to be. Every single mobile has it, and very few landphones do.

Hardly 'very few', I think most of the ones that I have access to have
the caller's number available and/or shown. Our DECT phones are so
similar to a mobile that many people forget that they're *not* mobiles.

Depends what you pay for the phone. I've always just grabbed the cheapest
phone possible, or sometimes gone for a cordless. It's just a bloody phone,
I don't need chrome plated edging.

... and what does your mobile cost?

It was free. My neighbour has one of those expensive contracts which gives
him a new one every couple of years. They don't want the old one back.

It was free to you, I've acquired all sorts of phones that way but it
doesn't really mean much. A mobile phone is fundamentally a much more
expensive device than a POTS one.

--
Chris Green
ยท