Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default A nuisance caller got through TruCall

In article ,
Brian Gaff wrote:
My big issue is this. I'm not getting calls I should because
organisations like NHS will just put the phone down not realising its
just screening the call, and they often display no number either as its
through a switchboard. They hence seem to give up.

My large doctor's surgery contacted me recently about a flue jab. They too
have a switchboard with outgoing only lines (or whatever) that show up as
withheld. But the receptionist had no problems with my Truecall. I'd guess
anyone who used the phone a lot for this sort of things would be used to
it.

It's a reason I got the stand alone unit which allows you to copy and
paste your phonebook into it online. I can imagine some of my old work
colleagues being thrown by it. The sort who phone up for a chat once in a
while. Hence wanting my entire phone book in the system - which would have
taken for ever to enter manually.

--
*By the time a man is wise enough to watch his step, he's too old to go anywhere.

Dave Plowman London SW
To e-mail, change noise into sound.