Posted to uk.d-i-y
Brian Gaff Brian Gaff is offline

Default A nuisance caller got through TruCall

But unless they change their number you zapped him for next time. In fact
the hash idea only stops pre recorded calls, humans can use hash or if this
is switched off, not press it, it matters not. The ones that can get through
seem to be the ones that change their number all the time, but at present
these are very very rare, as time is money to these people and for them
simply moving on is easier than going through to you via say name, as they
will obviously know what you will do when they start their pitch.
That is where the system relies on the human factor.
My big issue is this.
I'm not getting calls I should because organisations like NHS will just put
the phone down not realising its just screening the call, and they often
display no number either as its through a switchboard. They hence seem to
give up.
Brian

--
----- -
The Sofa of Brian Gaff...

Blind user, so no pictures please!
"Mr Pounder Esquire" wrote in message
news
Harry Bloomfield wrote:
This is the first to get through the net, since I installed our BT
8500's with the TruCall system 8-o .

The system logged a series of calls from 01134196912. Which at first
glance suggested it might have been a genuine and local number, so I
tried ringing it back and it rang unanswered, though it did sound a
bit odd the ringing tone. The caller had failed to announce their
name and press # to get through in each of their calls.

Then I tried to trace where the call had originated 0113 is a Leeds
code, also our area code, except all of our codes (so far as I am
aware) have a 2 following the code - 0113 2??????. 01134 didn't seem
to exist, or so it seemed from Google.

The same caller tried again, this time said his name and pressed #. I
accepted the call and from the accent it was probably a call from
either Australia or maybe South Africa. The caller wanted me to take a
survey - I will not repeat here what I said to him.

http://www.unknownphone.com/search.php?num=01134196912