Posted to uk.d-i-y
Tim+[_5_] Tim+[_5_] is offline

Default A nuisance caller got through TruCall

Harry Bloomfield wrote:
This is the first to get through the net, since I installed our BT
8500's with the TruCall system 8-o .

The system logged a series of calls from 01134196912. Which at first
glance suggested it might have been a genuine and local number, so I
tried ringing it back and it rang unanswered, though it did sound a bit
odd the ringing tone. The caller had failed to announce their name and
press # to get through in each of their calls.

Why the feck would you ring an unknown cold caller back? Seems to negate
the whole point in buying a TruCall unit in the first place. Now you've
also confirmed that your number has a potentially gullible person on the
end of it.

Tim

--
Please don't feed the trolls