Posted to uk.d-i-y
Rod Speed Rod Speed is offline

Default £2200 for fastening 10 bolts

"Simon Mason" wrote in message
On Thursday, 10 November 2016 18:16:48 UTC, Rod Speed wrote:

Tyres On The Drive used one, sheared off the wheel bolt and it costs me
£350 for a new hub as they couldn't get it out.

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/Ce4eTAqWwAEfe5b.jpg

How much have you spent on that car in total now, not counting petrol etc
?

Off the top of my head.

Two power steering pumps and racks £2500
Subframe £2200.
Alternator, water pump and belts £1000
Three camchains £ £2400
Suspension parts, springs, dampers, arms etc £2000
Clutch £1000
Body work after our lass pranged it £1500
Plugs, MAF sensor, crankshaft sensor, radio fitting and light bulbs £600

So around - £13200,

Mad. You can buy a very decent new car that size for that.

which is what I paid for it

Even madder to be spending all that on a car
that cost that much, given what its worth now.

and new it was £25000, so I have saved £1400 on the new price.

But had to fart around with all those repairs.

Corse it mad no sense to be buying something that
would need all those expensive repairs either.

Spent **** all on my Hyundai bought new, just a windscreen
wiper arm which some ****wit kid deliberately broke off, in 10 years.

Yebbut - you get to drive this though.

http://bit.ly/2fV4usQ

For what you paid you could have had a Grandeur, and
still saved heaps and had no repairs at all in the 12 years
except the car crash which presumably the insurance paid for.