Posted to uk.d-i-y
Mr Pounder Esquire Mr Pounder Esquire is offline

Default £2200 for fastening 10 bolts

Simon Mason wrote:
On Thursday, 10 November 2016 20:21:48 UTC, dennis@home wrote:

Two power steering pumps and racks £2500
Subframe £2200.
Alternator, water pump and belts £1000
Three camchains £ £2400
Suspension parts, springs, dampers, arms etc £2000
Clutch £1000
Body work after our lass pranged it £1500
Plugs, MAF sensor, crankshaft sensor, radio fitting and light bulbs
£600

So around - £13200, which is what I paid for it and new it was
£25000, so I have saved £1400 on the new price.

Bloody hell, my car is that old and has had no repairs done.
The only thing it has needed are servicing and some wiper blades.
Your car is what's known as a lemon.

The GM block ALFA used had a too narrow oil drip onto the camchain,
meaning it stretched and put the timing out - my man fitted a wider
bore and 4 years on, I still have the same chain.

Kwikfit bodged a suspension repair which trashed my power steering
rack and pump 24 hours before my ferry was due - my man sorted it
with 5 hours to spare.

Good Grief!