Posted to uk.d-i-y
Dennis@home Dennis@home is offline

Default £2200 for fastening 10 bolts

On 10/11/2016 19:05, Simon Mason wrote:
On Thursday, 10 November 2016 18:16:48 UTC, Rod Speed wrote:

Tyres On The Drive used one, sheared off the wheel bolt and it costs me
£350 for a new hub as they couldn't get it out.

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/Ce4eTAqWwAEfe5b.jpg

How much have you spent on that car in total now, not counting petrol etc ?

Off the top of my head.

Two power steering pumps and racks £2500
Subframe £2200.
Alternator, water pump and belts £1000
Three camchains £ £2400
Suspension parts, springs, dampers, arms etc £2000
Clutch £1000
Body work after our lass pranged it £1500
Plugs, MAF sensor, crankshaft sensor, radio fitting and light bulbs £600

So around - £13200, which is what I paid for it and new it was £25000, so I have saved £1400 on the new price.

Bloody hell, my car is that old and has had no repairs done.
The only thing it has needed are servicing and some wiper blades.
Your car is what's known as a lemon.