Posted to uk.d-i-y
Moron Watch[_2_] Moron Watch[_2_] is offline

Default A nuisance caller got through TruCall

"Harry Bloomfield" wrote in message
news
This is the first to get through the net, since I installed our BT 8500's with the
TruCall system 8-o .

The system logged a series of calls from 01134196912. Which at first glance suggested
it might have been a genuine and local number, so I tried ringing it back and it rang
unanswered, though it did sound a bit odd the ringing tone. The caller had failed to
announce their name and press # to get through in each of their calls.

Then I tried to trace where the call had originated 0113 is a Leeds code, also our area
code, except all of our codes (so far as I am aware) have a 2 following the code - 0113
2??????. 01134 didn't seem to exist, or so it seemed from Google.

The same caller tried again, this time said his name and pressed #. I accepted the call
and from the accent it was probably a call from either Australia or maybe South Africa.
The caller wanted me to take a survey - I will not repeat here what I said to him.

Horizon Mobility apparently

http://whocallsme.com/Phone-Number.aspx/01134196912

Often just entering the number in Google will produce information about the caller.

In this case your number was presumably passed on by anyone who's sold
you similar products, or whose products you've enquired about in the past.