Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Default Shop Vac Hoses

On Wed, 09 Nov 2016 20:58:26 -0600, "Lloyd E. Sponenburgh"
lloydspinsidemindspring.com wrote:

Larry Jaques fired this volley in
:

Don't you have to use an
explosion-proof vacuum system and/or motor? What about teflon/hdpe
lining, so your powders don't stick to the hose?

We use air-powered vacuums,

With anti-static brass or carbon shafting and vanes, I'd guess?
I've seen the little compressor-air-powered vacs for small high vacuum
use, and they take a good 10hp to run. I'm guessing yours are much
larger and the compressed air runs a turbine of sorts for considerably
more CFM of medium vacuum.

and WASH the hoses out after every shift.

I suppose that creates hazmat water which has to be disposed of
properly.

I suppose your entire facility and grounds are a non-smoking area, as
well.

--
If government were a product,
selling it would be illegal.