Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Default Shop Vac Hoses

On Wed, 09 Nov 2016 14:22:20 -0600, "Lloyd E. Sponenburgh"
lloydspinsidemindspring.com wrote:

"Bob La Londe" fired this volley in news:nvvvm0$at8$1
:

They actually have some rated for metal chips that sells for $9/foot in
small qty. I may try a 25' spool of that.

We use the static-dissipative sort (which is a 'must' for us, considering
what it is we collect!). It is MUCH stiffer and heavier, and much more
expensive than metal-chip hose.

Wow, the HD stuff on McM is $25/ft and it's 1/4" thick!

For the most part, heavy-duty duct hoses are pretty smooth-walled.
There's still some texture in there, but not much -- usually a neoprene
material with fabric reinforcement.

And they come in 'standard' i.d.s, so fitting them up to a standard
vacuum isn't much of a deal.

For swarf, or your carbon-based products? Don't you have to use an
explosion-proof vacuum system and/or motor? What about teflon/hdpe
lining, so your powders don't stick to the hose?

--
If government were a product,
selling it would be illegal.