Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
David Billington[_2_] David Billington[_2_] is offline

Default Shop Vac Hoses

On 09/11/16 18:18, Bob La Londe wrote:
Is there a brand or style of shop vac hose that holds up better. I am
constantly vacuuming piles of chips out of the mill cabinets and mill table
enclosures, but my hoses just don't seem to hold up. On top of that the
corrugations in the hoses hold chips and coolant. With the smaller hoses
they can get nearly clogged up in a modestly short time. If I hose out the
chips or air blast them out of t-slots (what a mess) I still have to vacuum
them up.

I presume you're in the states so I don't know what brands you get
there. I have been using an Aquavac Bulldog wet/dry shop vac for about
the last 22 years and it is still on all its original bits apart from
the filter bag. I regularly vacuum up swarf and apart from the frequent
clogs from the swarf it hasn't bothered the pipe work or anything else.
Speaking to the odd person in the trade they say that they were made too
well and just latest too long, shame, so the ended production of that
model and made something cheaper.