Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Default Hickeys

Jim Wilkins wrote:

Michael A. Terrell wrote:

I switched to clear heatshrink, before the mid '80s. I was using
it on my shop cables, to stop people from claiming that they had
brought cables with equipment, when they didn't. I would type on
address labels, then trim and wrap them on the cable before applying
the heatshrink tubing. The labels had a description, and the date
that they were made.

Clear heatshrink is fine when you are making the cable but not so easy
afterward, or to add to commercial cables with molded connectors.

All of my test cables were custom made, with Belden wire, and
Switchcraft connectors. They were made to last decades, not weeks.

I've used these but they snag and not everyone can do
draftsman-quality lettering.
http://www.tiewraps.com/idtagtw_flag_page.html

I've got some of the flag ties, but I don't like them. They get
caught on tools and equipment on the workbenches.

--
Never **** off an Engineer!

They don't get mad.

They don't get even.