Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Default Hickeys

rangerssuck wrote:

You wouldn't be using that in Bell System (Verizon) central offices. You would fail inspection. According to Bellcore standards, ALL cables must be labeled at each end with flag-type labels which can be read from any direction without disconnecting the cable. I spend a few years designing and supervising the installation of colocation equipment for AT&T. I watched as two cages full of equipment were relabeled at one site.

Good idea? Maybe, maybe not. But it's their building, and if you're gonna put your stuff in it, it has to follow their rules.

I have been in several Central Offices, but I never worked for any
telephone company.

--
Never **** off an Engineer!

They don't get mad.