Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Default Shop Vac Hoses

"Bob La Londe" wrote in message
"Carl Ijames" wrote in message
"Bob La Londe" wrote in message ...

Is there a brand or style of shop vac hose that holds up better. I am
constantly vacuuming piles of chips out of the mill cabinets and mill
table
enclosures, but my hoses just don't seem to hold up. On top of that the
corrugations in the hoses hold chips and coolant. With the smaller hoses
they can get nearly clogged up in a modestly short time. If I hose out
the
chips or air blast them out of t-slots (what a mess) I still have to
vacuum
them up.

I have not used any of them (:-)) but go to www.mcmaster.com, put "duct
hose" in the search box, then click on chips and shavings in the top
right of the left hand box for their selection. Since your stuff is wet
with coolant, I think you can ignore the static suppression choices :-).
Should be able to trade some flexibility for a smoother bore and more
durability. Hopefully by recycling your current hose ends and buying
generic duct hose, maybe in a bit of qty, you can save some money over
name brand shop vac hose.

-----
Regards,
Carl Ijames

Thanks Carl. That's a very good start.

P.S. I do recycle stuff and I am not afraid to throw a piece of plastic on
the lathe to change its shape if need be.