Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Default Hickeys

Jim Wilkins wrote:
"Michael A. Terrell" wrote in message
I used the Brady printed labels, and covered them with clear heat
shrink.

When I made cable harnesses for the batch of electric cars [the
customer] paid to have us label each wire with printed heatshrink
labels:
https://www.brother-usa.com/mobile/l...able_wire.aspx

I've used a fine Sharpie on paper labels for home projects but the
writing diffuses and fades under clear adhesive tape.

I switched to clear heatshrink, before the mid '80s. I was using it
on my shop cables, to stop people from claiming that they had brought
cables with equipment, when they didn't. I would type on address labels,
then trim and wrap them on the cable before applying the heatshrink
tubing. The labels had a description, and the date that they were made.

--
Never **** off an Engineer!

They don't get mad.

They don't get even.