Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Default Hickeys

wrote:

You COULD have bought more than one roll of each color - this would
reduce the time spent = quite possibly enough to pay for any waste
wire left over after the job (which could be used on another job,
anyway)

No, I couldn't. They only had one roll of each color. They couldn't
be bothered to order more. It was interesting that right after I bought
the wire and a few other items that a building inspector showed up and
tried to shut down the project. He had no idea about industrial
electrical work, and he turned pale when I tossed him my copy of the NEC
and asked what he knew about the industrial and theatrical areas of the
code. He yelled, "I'm going to get a cease and desist order!" as he ran
out of the building but he never came back. I guess that the filings
with the FCC and FAA construction permits stopped him.

You don't know that area. (Destin/Sandestin, Florida) It is full of
expensive condos, and no one wants to sell supplies to anyone except the
big contractors who order things in advance. I had a hell of a time
finding some 3" copper pipe, and I had ended up buying some materials
from a scrapyard that had bought the leftover materials for a canceled
nuclear power plant.

--
Never **** off an Engineer!

They don't get mad.