Posted to uk.d-i-y
John Rumm John Rumm is offline

Default Bulbs

In article ,
alan_m wrote:
The OP suggested this was a landing light. It may be switched from two
or more positions making the use of a dimmer somewhat more complicated.

The push on/off types have a two way switch. Depending on make, some don't
dim to extinction, so you would always have at least some light.

Maser slave dimmer sets are the better answer for dimming two way
switched lamps. Otherwise you often get stuck at the end without dimming
control when you need to change the brightness.

(we used to have that at our previous place - dimmer on the landing was
nice for low level light for nocturnal trips to the loo etc, but if you
forgot to turn it up again in the morning, next time you switched it on
from the hall, it was as much use a back pocket on a sock).

--
Cheers,

John.