Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Bulbs

On Tuesday, 8 November 2016 22:17:28 UTC, Clive George wrote:
On 08/11/2016 21:49, Harry Bloomfield wrote:
tabbypurr brought next idea :
I wonder if a 12V 5W car bulb could be put in series with the lot,
hopefully dropping less than a safe 13V to run the 6 bulbs by that
much less? The bulb could be mounted to look like it's part of the
fixture.

14v 6w = 0.43A. At 240v that's 103w, so your chandelier consumption
needs to be 100w or less.

No, the 12v lamp would blow immediately. I have you not heard of Ohms Law?

In series? Though it's not obvious what would happen as the bulbs warm up.

Yes it is.

NT