Posted to rec.woodworking
Ed Pawlowski Ed Pawlowski is offline

Default will tool and wood prices soar (was Fahrenheit 11-8)

On 11/6/2016 5:33 PM, krw wrote:

When I left Toyota in 1989 a new corolla wagon was Can$ 16,900.A
sedan was about $200 less. Equivalent in position todat would be a Kia
Forte 5? at $19,500 and that includes alloy rims, a 2 liter engine
instead of a 1.8 - and it is direct fuel injected with double the
horsepower, and bluetooth and all that other new tech that didn't
exist back then. - or a Mazda 5 - which is a bigger vehicle yet at
$21,000 - or a Hyundai Elantra GT at $18,000.

Come on! You're comparing a Toyota and a Kia/Hundai? What does the
Toyota cost?

The sticker on my Hyundai was $54,500. I guess it depends on the model
when you compare. Toyota Corolla is $18,500 but you don't get a heated
steering wheel. Generalities don't work well.