Posted to rec.woodworking
krw[_6_] krw[_6_] is offline

Default Crappy Plywood

On Sun, 6 Nov 2016 22:43:16 -0500, "J. Clarke"
wrote:

In article qvsv1c5mit0ca2a4uip0drgrlei5mhq9dn@
4ax.com, says...

On Sun, 6 Nov 2016 21:39:19 -0500, "J. Clarke"
wrote:

In article a5mv1c9ogk5n03qt9efj9dmb4rvdsq46ca@
4ax.com,
says...

On Sun, 6 Nov 2016 17:49:49 -0500, "J. Clarke"
wrote:

In article ,
says...

On Sun, 06 Nov 2016 10:38:06 -0600, -MIKE- wrote:

Unfortunately for people who still care about craftsmanship, that's the
world today.
People see an $600 armoire from Ikea and think it's quality. I mean
hey, at least Ikea is using solid wood in many of their items, now,
instead of all termite vomit. That's where the bar is set now.

Last time we needed furniture (a credenza) we went to a consignment
store. Paid $300 for a used one made by a company in Tennessee. All
hardwood (cherry outside), dovetailed drawers, very well made.

Next time I go downstairs to the family room, I'll check the name and
post it - maybe they still make quality stuff.

You know that termite vomit is the Scandinavian
way, do you not? I sleep in a very pretty bed
that was very expensive 30 years ago, with a lot
of real teak on it, but any large flat surface
has MDF or a reasonable facsimile thereof
underneath.

If you enjoy sleeping in termite vomit, I certainly won't stop you.

Works for me. However I really should just
killfile. People who call MDF "termite vomit"
and like Toyota have something _wrong_ with
them.

No, I don't like termite vomit for furniture and Ikea is the worst of
the worst. Like many here, at least one would expect in a NG with
"woodworking" in its name, that most like real wood. Yes, I
appreciate fine things. Sue me.

I don't have a particular fondness for Toyotas either but you're
welcome to guess again.

You really are one sensitive *******. Please do killfile me if you
can't stand a disagreement. You simply aren't worth it.

It's not disagreement, it's use of cutesy
pejoratives. And into the killfile you go.

plonk

You really are a whiney little bitch. Keep me there.