Posted to rec.woodworking
-MIKE- -MIKE- is offline

Default Crappy Plywood

This might seem like DéjÃ* vu for some, because I'm pretty sure I've
posted about this before, but it bears repeating.

What's the deal with this crappy plywood!?
There was a day when the squarest, straightest, flattest thing in the
room was a sheet of plywood.
I'm working with 54 sheets of 1/2" 4-ply BC and at least half of them
aren't square. I realize I'm not talking about $75 Baltic birch cabinet
grade stuff, here, but can we at least get it down to 1/8" or closer?

I'm sure when the machines are cranking this stuff out, they can adjust
the cutters periodically. How difficult is is it? I guess I wouldn't
be so ****ed off if it weren't for the fact that I've gotten "expensive"
plywood that was crooked, too.

Oh, and I forgot to mention that the last sheet I ripped had a big
bubble pop up in the middle because it wasn't glued. Yeah, it looks
like two 8ft. pieces of pita bread.

--

-MIKE-

--Elvin Jones (1927-2004)