Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
William Bagwell William Bagwell is offline

Default Hickeys

On 3 Nov 2016 01:18:30 GMT, "DoN. Nichols"
wrote:

I didn't know what ArmorAll was a silicone oil/grease.

Years ago was between real jobs and had the misfortune to be working
in construction. Large remodel job that lasted for months, full
basement finish with wet bar, huge deck, new sunroom and fire
place... One day large white spots and foot prints suddenly appeared
in his concrete driveway. The sunroom and fireplace were both in
progress at the time and the home owner blamed our stucco sub
contractors. Partially based on the size of the foot prints, "They
must have spilled acid or something!"

Turns out it was his car detailers had spilled a whole bottle of
ArmorAll in the driveway. I occasionally did 'handyman' type work
for him for several years afterwards and even after several pressure
washings and applications of sealer the white spots were still
visible.

Silicone can be nasty stuff.
--
William