HerHusband

Default Woodstove Hearth, Flush to Floor?

Joe,

that would not be up to code--
maybe a classey brass rail?

Can you provide more information as to which part of my plan would not meet
code?

Anthony

We will be installing a new woodstove in our new home and are trying
to plan the hearth (more accurately the hearth protection pad beneath
the stove).

We know we'll be using 1/2" backerboard, covered with tile.

However, because the stove is located close to the entrance of a
hallway, we are concerned about a raised hearth becoming a tripping
hazzard as people try to "cut the corner" on their way to the hall.
So, we would like to make the hearth flush with the floor.

With that in mind, we are thinking of using the same 1/2" backerboard
and the same tile throughout the room the woodstove will be in.
Essentially we'll just be extending the hearth pad out to cover the
entire floor. The woodstove would then essentially just sit on the
floor of the room.