Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Steve W.[_4_] Steve W.[_4_] is offline

Default Hickeys

Cydrome Leader wrote:
Leon Fisk wrote:
On Fri, 28 Oct 2016 18:24:43 -0700 (PDT)
" wrote:

snip
Today I cruised thru the local scrap yard and found almost
nothing. But did find a Gardner Bender 1/2 inch emt hickey.
Well not the whole thing, it was just the head, no handle.
But kind of nice with a bubble level and arrows indicating
the angle bent. It is cast aluminum and the guy at the
scrap yard did not charge me for it.

Nice find. They go for $20-30 new around here. And that is without
the handle. Handles are sold separately. Had to buy mine new (1/2 and
3/4 in). Just scrounged up the appropriate sized pipes for handles.

What you got is what we just called a bender in this area. A Hickey is a
slightly different animal. Nice little pdf file I found he

https://www.quia.com/files/quia/user...onduit_Bending

It has a drawing on the first page of a regular EMT bender and a
Hickey. Brief description of usage. A lot of nice bending tips,
measurements too if you're new to this

This is a great doc on bending. Thanks.

Bending thin wall for the visual folks...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=keOGF3He83Y

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8EEsl66GR3I

--
Steve W.