Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Default Hickeys

Leon Fisk wrote:
On Sun, 30 Oct 2016 09:20:22 -0500
"Lloyd E. Sponenburgh" lloydspinsidemindspring.com wrote:

Leon Fisk fired this volley in news:nv4njt$n5o$1
:

A lot of nice bending tips,
measurements too if you're new to this

It's a good review if you only bend thinwall about once every three years,
like I do. grin

Lloyd

It (pdf) would have been really, really helpful when I started out as an
apprentice. Other than the obvious measurements for 90 deg bends and
some tutoring from other workers I was on my own. Figuring out offsets
and other complex bends was great fun. Couplings were your friend

I never saw a short "hickey" back then. It was just in the last 10
years or so that I learned about them. It would have been a useful tool
to have had around back then. We had other tricks to make tighter bends
than what was standard but a think a hickey would have been able to
beat them...

What were some of these tricks?