Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Default Hickeys

dpb wrote:
On 10/30/2016 4:44 AM, dpb wrote:

Well, the "large" is comparatively, it's a regional outfit of about 20
locations in KS/MO. They go by Stanion Wholesale Electric. Doesn't keep
them from being most unfriendly price-wise to anything OTC, though...

When returned to family farm, there were existing farm accounts at all
the businesses with which do routine business and none other than
Stanion and one other which had changed ownership gave any hassle at all
in just changing name on accounts from Dad...the latter did require a
minimal credit form but Stanion's required a commitment of a continuing
level of activity on a monthly basis that obviously as farm just
generally don't have ongoing activity. So, w/ the loss of Sunflower
Electric (the other, locally-owned formerly great location now seemingly
dealing only in very large commercial activity as the storefront is
closed entirely and the only activity I see is large reels of cable and
other materials in/out of the lot), they're the only distributor in town
of all things electric outside what the Ace Hardware and Meade Do-It
Best outlet have. They'll cover the ordinary household wiring for the
most part, but will have nothing industrially-sized...

But, I did just for grins go look and I see the current credit
application at the Stanion site no longer does have the additional
requirements and will accept a list of existing other commercial
accounts as their references...I guess maybe they've gotten enough other
"pushback" to back off some, it appears. I may just have to have
another go at it--the local Mr Goodwrench dealership just changed hands
as well and they've been quite unaccomodating in transferring existing
accounts, too, so I've got to go thru the same exercise there
again...mayhaps as well do two rather than just one I suppose if have to
update the list at all...

I've not even bothered to try to get net 30 terms lately as it's just
too much of a hassle. With small places, if you are a regular, they just
offer it, no big deal. With any "corporate" type place there's 3 pages of
forms. I guess you can use NEBs or U-Line as credit reference, but I doubt
they'd reply to any such request. FWIW NEBs the check printer and U-Line
the packing supply place offers net 30 to anybody that can manage to just
ask them for it.