Amos

Default Installation - Ceramaic Tile vs. Marble

Billy wrote:

That is correct, installation cost is what I don't understand. The marble
product is obviously more expensive than ceramic, but I don't understand why
the *installation* price is so much greater for installing marble vs.
ceramic. How does the installation process differ?

"Brad" wrote in message

In article ,
said...

"Billy" wrote in message

I recently priced ceramic tile vs. marble installations. The store

said

they

would install ceramic/porcelain for $6 and marble to $15 per sq ft.

What

is

so involved or different in a marble installation that makes it so

much

more

expensive?

cost of product

I think he was talking about only the installation cost.

Next time you post make yourself clear moron. And quit top posting.
Look at ****ing mess you've made. Meantime ask the g'damned installer
why it's so much higher. Or go back and read Fred Martin's posts.

It's obvious they're doing something with the substrate. Probably the
mortar like Fred already told you. Plus you give no specs as to room
shape, size or anything else.