Richard Kaiser

Default Installation - Ceramaic Tile vs. Marble

On Mon, 28 Jul 2003 17:31:31 -0700, Billy wrote:

That is correct, installation cost is what I don't understand. The
marble product is obviously more expensive than ceramic, but I don't
understand why the *installation* price is so much greater for
installing marble vs. ceramic. How does the installation process differ?

"Brad" wrote in message
In article ,
said...

"Billy" wrote in message
I recently priced ceramic tile vs. marble installations. The store

said
they
would install ceramic/porcelain for $6 and marble to $15 per sq ft.

What
is
so involved or different in a marble installation that makes it so

The thinset for marble and granite is a special flexable mix that costs
four to five times as much. If this accounts for the full difference
I don't know. My granite is still waiting for me to get my kitchen
counters installed, counter are wating on the cabinets, cabinets
are waiting on the floor, floor is waiting on the wiring, wiring
is waiting on .... Yey, demolishion is almost done.

Richard "Don't know, not there yet" Kaiser