John W. Wells

Default Drywall tapered edge should be on inside or outside corner?

On Mon, 28 Jul 2003 08:13:56 GMT, "Joseph Meehan"
wrote:

I would tend to choose the tapered end to the outside.

Why? The metal outside corner edging he's installing protrudes beyond
the planes of the intersecting walls. So no taper of the board is
necessary there--running the knife along that metal edge and each wall
gives an easy and automatic feathering the width of the knife!

And tapers on an inside corner will help to 'bury' the tape, no?

--JWW

26 + 6 = 1 It's Irish Math

And kindly explain your Irish math--not being Irish I just don't get
it!